Hello, I am a reporter from a local newspaper (Northwestern Illinois region). I would like to request an interview at the soonest of your convenience. A written interview would be just fine, I just have some questions for the respectable members of the WBC.
I was put in charge to interview different religious groups about (1) the current state of the world, as viewed by different groups of people and (2) the 2012 United States Presidential elections as well as a couple of other controversial topics for which the WBC is renown about.
Thank you SO much for considering this, thank you very much for your time.
- How many active members does the WBC currently have? Are people from different parts of the country able to join? Or is it a rather secluded, knit-tight community?
About 40. The New Testament church is a local, visible institution – so – can you live in other parts of the world and be a member? No, however, we have members that have come from other parts of the country, and other parts of the world. Are we secluded? No. Tight knit? Yes – that’s the standard:
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
The Bible is FULL of instructions regarding our duty and privilege to minister to the saints of God – the only way to do that, is to be where the saints are.
- Certain scientific studies have shown that perhaps homosexuality may be simply a genetic trait (an answer to the choice vs. no choice debate when talking about homosexuals)*. How does the WBC feel about the scientific aspect of certain topics? Is science put under consideration?
God created this world, and His will is done in it – Science is merely an observation of the grand work of our Creator. When it comes to such things as the “Big Bang”, and “Evolution” (at least on a macro scale), it is not accurate to even use the term “science” – those goofy theories are contrary to the very definition of science, since they are neither observable nor repeatable. As for homosexuality being a genetic trait – the scriptures tell us what “made” a person that way: God gave them up to it!
Romans 1:24-32 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Additionally – try that “genetic trait” argument at a murder trial … “I swear your honor, I was genetically predisposed to cutting Mr. Griffin’s head off!” How about this … you have lust? Don’t act on it!
*This is still a theory and a debate, just using it for interview purposes.
- I, myself am not currently married but I am engaged and yes I have had relations with my significant other. Would this immediately condemn me to hell? Is there a way for anyone to redeem themselves, after engaging in things the WBC would call “adultery” and “fornication”?
Repent! That means that a) you are ashamed of your sins, and b) you STOP IT. Repentance is a gift of God … there’s no other way to get it … either He loves you, and will give you that precious gift, or He hates you, and shortly now, you will be called before the throne to give an account.
- Please briefly explain the WBC’s view on alcoholism/illegal drug use.
Drugs are bad – mmmkay. 😉
- I understand the WBC is very focused on homosexuality in America, this is very different from most religious groups everywhere in the world, whereas they focus on teaching and upholding values such as peace, love, respect of one another, etc. Does the WBC include those things mentioned above in it’s program, if you will? I never had the opportunity to attend a WBC Sunday meeting so I am curious about what other things your community focuses on.
Westboro Baptist Church preaches the entire Bible, save none. Our message to a nation that is on a collision course with destruction, naturally, focuses on the sins that they have institutionalized – that’s our job!
Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
We didn’t create this mess, but it is our duty to see it for what it is, and call it what it is – that is the ONLY way to love your neighbor: warn him that his sins are taking him to hell. Why did God destroy Sodom? Was that an accident that every man woman and suckling child was burned alive? Of course not! It’s our job to remind you of that, just like Jesus Christ did:
Luke 17:32 Remember Lot’s wife.
- One of the main WBC messages to the world is “God hates America”, yet, The United States is one of the very few countries who allow their citizens to speak their mind, about anything, in any way. Let’s assume that the 1st Ammendment were to me removed, would the WBC find another – more peaceful way to preach its message? Seeing as picketing wouldn’t be allowed.
There is no more “peaceful” way to preach a message than to stand peacefully on a public sidewalk with nothing more than words. There’s no need to play hypothetical games – The Lord God Almighty set us here in this place, at this hour with that First Amendment in place for the very purpose of our preaching to you. The better question here is this: what happens when we stop preaching? Throughout the scriptures you will find that when the prophets of God are removed from a stiff-necked society, then that society is DONE! Be careful what you wish for … and in the mean time, listen to this excellent parody on that topic: http://mp3twit.com/dDr
- Who does the WBC think is the best candidate for the 2012 United Stated elections?
Potato, potawto – this Nation is doomed!
Acts 2:40-41 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
We’re talking deck chairs here.
- (This is directed to anyone whom it may concern) Did you ever in this entire process of staying with the WBC, even in the slightest (and please be honest) feel any doubt? Or perhaps remorse after picketing the funerals of dead soldiers? After all, they’re still human beings just as you and I.
I haven’t – the better question is this: have any of the parents of those dead soldiers, or their community members felt any doubt or remorse for the fact that they taught their children that God is a liar, and then sent them off to fight an unrighteous war, squarely in the crosshairs of a raging mad God? It is an overwhelmingly sad thing to behold – they see the buzz saw right in front of them, and yet – for the sake of their lust and idols – they walk RIGHT INTO IT! There is an easy answer here – OBEY GOD, and your children will stop being slaughtered. On the other hand – the very WORST thing that you could do, is to try to shut up the servants of God that are kindly warning you:
Jeremiah 11: 21-23 Therefore thus saith the LORD of the men of Anathoth, that seek thy life, saying, Prophesy not in the name of the LORD, that thou die not by our hand: Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine: And there shall be no remnant of them: for I will bring evil upon the men of Anathoth, even the year of their visitation.
- Is there anything you’d like to add, that could be essential or useful while publishing the article?
The wisest man to ever walk this earth (King Solomon) summed things up like this:
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
You are still alive on this day, so NOW is the time to repent and get about the business of serving God.